- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible security experience in a management capacity of a public assembly facility or a law enforcement agency associated with providing services to a public assembly facility or special events
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibility
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in law enforcement, criminal justice, public administration, business administration or other related field (additional experience may be substituted for formal education)
- Graduation from IAVM’s Academy for Venue Safety and Security (AVSS)
- Graduation from IAVM’s Venue Management School (VMS)
- Graduation from IAVM’s Venue Management School Graduate Institute
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver’s license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia State Security Guard Certification
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR and 1st Aid certificate
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of public assembly facility security and safety programs
- Crowd management and control techniques; Principles of supervision and training
- Personnel management as well as EEOC, FLSA, OSHA and ADA regulations
- Fire and public safety regulations
- Relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Terminology used in entertainment and convention center settings
- Principles of budget preparation and control
- Computer skills in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
- Time clock, security camera and access control systems
- Develop comprehensive event staffing plans
- Develop and implement emergency preparedness plans for a large public assembly facility
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinates; Provide leadership for Security personnel
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users as well as local, state and federal law enforcement and life safety agencies
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended numbers of days
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the facility and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information, occasionally lifts/carries/transports/sets objects and equipment weighing up to (50) pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.