Utilizing independent judgment, the Director of Operations directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of the facility’s event set-up, housekeeping, and maintenance programs, including the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems. Provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to department managers, assuring the highest quality service program to assure the most efficient operation and servicing of events. Ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling the departmental operating budget.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of the Tony’s Pizza Events Center including, housekeeping, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing equipment, capital planning, set-up services, and grounds keeping
· Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of assigned programs and functions
· Assure the highest quality service to all tenants by establishing goals and supervising managers
· Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work-load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and review with the Senior Director of Operations, Assistant General Manager and General Manager
· Select, train, motivate and evaluate management and supervisory staff; provide or coordinate staff training and safety programs; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
· Establish, disseminate and monitor work performance and safety standards
· Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; inspect work product of subordinates to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion; meet with staff to review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; identify and resolve challenges
· Effectively handle employee grievances
· Develop and implement standard operating procedures for each area of responsibility, including an effective preventive maintenance program
· Assist Senior Director in preparation and administer departmental annual budget
· Supervise the disbursement of departmental funds; establish and maintain controls to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; implement adjustments as necessary
· Assist Senior Director in developing and maintaining Capital Improvement Project reports and recommendations for the facility
· Maintain cost records of work performed and prepare cost estimates as requested
· Prepare invoices for services rendered that are to be used in event settlement
· Develop and maintain accountings for labor, materials and utilities by event and cost category
· Check, verify and approve all payroll work sheets of personnel under departmental jurisdiction
· Conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
· Administer maintenance and service contracts (i.e. HVAC, elevators, pest control, foliage maintenance, fire systems, etc.)
· Oversee the set-up of events; coordinate facility related arrangements with concessionaires; direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers, and architects on building projects
· Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies
· Develop and maintain a hazardous materials communication program; maintain material safety data sheets and various other required records and permits
· Attend internal meetings representing the operations department and represents the facility at external meetings as deemed necessary
· Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
· Prepare monthly progress reports; prepare and present staff reports and other related correspondence.
· Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
· A minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in facility operations, maintenance or a related field (preferably in an arena, stadium, convention center, or other public assembly facility), with (2) years of managerial experience preferred but not required
· Developing and monitoring a budget related to the operation of a large facility
Education / Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in a Sports Management, Business, Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university; additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
· Advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
· Working knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of public facility operations and maintenance programs including electronic data processing systems, event set-up & teardown, housekeeping, trades, audio-visual, electrical, etc.
· Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Working knowledge of Fire, Life Safety, EEOC, FLSA, OSHA and ADA rules and regulations
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONEMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This
position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Candidate must be able to lift 20 pounds. Stopping and bending is a physical requirement.
· The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
This job description is subject to change.