Housekeeping Team members are responsible for the continuous cleaning of the facility, as well as keeping the environment safe and hazard free for entertainers, guests, patrons, and staff. They are responsible for ensuring the venue is ready to go for all events and presentable at all times. They must communicate in a friendly, respectful and understanding manner with both colleagues and guests alike. They must politely give consistent, timely and accurate information and find answers when unsure. Must be a team player, cooperate with employees within the department as well as other departments.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
• Clean Floors, Drinking fountains, chairs, seating, furniture, walls, windows, fixtures, aisles, doors, and other areas and items throughout the facility.
• Empty waste baskets and refuse cans into containers.
• Pick up paper and cardboard, break down cartons if necessary.
• Sweep away debris on floors, aisles, tables, seats, etc. before, during, and after events.
• Maintain restroom cleanliness, including check and restock paper and soap dispensers in restrooms.
• Loosen and scrape dirt from floors and grease from floors as necessary.
• Provide direction and assistance to guests when asked.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assign tasks and supervise temporary staffing when needed.
• Review work assignments and building work orders with the Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor.
• Make recommendations and suggestions to better the department to the Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess ability to communicate with others and professional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to follow policies, procedures, and directions.
• Ability to work long hours including a varied schedule of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal or written instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to collaborate and interact with other staff and facility users, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. Constant use of the English language verbally, written or reading to read company information. Regular use of company radio for communication. Ability to hear and respond quickly in high pressure situations to radio requests from other employees, security, etc.
While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk, kneel, crouch and bend over; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment; and moderate to loud during event days or when equipment is in operation. The work environment is consistently cool and warm seasonally when facility is in between events. Exposure to crowds with thousands of people in attendance, crowded or tight spaces, high elevation, consistently loud workspaces, water, liquids, chemical cleaning agents, dirt, dust, and freight elevators.