This position is responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises; securing property during move in/out trade shows, conventions or events.
• Secures the property including all buildings and doors that should be secured
• Locks and unlocks facility doors
• Conducts routine property walks.
• Responds to emergency situations
• Interacts with the public and all levels of management and fellow employees
• Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises
• Appropriately deals with "unruly" people
• Works independently, and judges and assess situations foe immediate response
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• 6 months to 1 year security experience, preferable in a similar environment
• Valid driver's license required
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service skills
• Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
• Ability to work irregular hours including night shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Interact with emergency personnel; provide accurate descriptions and directions
• Ability to utilize two-way radios, monitor phones and closed circuit security cameras
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.