The Event Manager is the liaison between the show manager/client and all building operations staff and contractors. After the contract is signed for an event, the Event Manager works directly with the client to provide any needs from the facility. In addition, the Event Manager makes certain that all building policies and procedures are followed in preparing for and implementing the event. When the event is in the building, the Event Manager runs the show, making certain that the client’s needs are met and any building or safety issues are addressed immediately. The Event Manager is the PBCCC staff member with whom the client will have the most contact before, during and after the event; and it is imperative that service is a priority with the position. It is important that the Event Manager can anticipate potential problems and, in all cases, be solution oriented so that the client can achieve the most important result – a successful show. The Event Manager is the first and last staff member the client sees during the event; and the quality of service a client receives is the best sales tool for a return visit. The Event Manager will supervise, indirectly, all building operational staff during an event activity. This position will report to the Director of Events.
This position is based at the Palm Beach County Convention Center which opened its doors in 2004. This beautiful 350,000 square-foot center has established itself as the premier boutique’ meeting destination in South Florida and one of the top convention centers in the country; hosting a diverse array of conventions, trade shows/consumer shows, conferences, social events, and meetings located in the Heart of Downtown West Palm Beach. The convention center is an architectural masterpiece designed with the look and feel of a luxurious cruise ship. It features a 100,000 square-foot exhibit hall, a 22,000 sq. ft. ballroom and 21,000 sq. ft. of flexible breakout space divisible into 19 rooms with various room size options and endless set-up possibilities, the Palm Beach County Convention Center is the ideal event and meeting destination. A connected 400 room Hilton Hotel was opened in 2016 and a new 8-Level 2,600 spot parking garage was added in 2017. http://www.pbconventioncenter.com/
• Responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the logistics of assigned events; act as liaison for building with all parties and departments involved in the event.
• Coordinates and provides clear, concise, and timely communication with building staff of all requirements necessary for events by preparing and distributing detailed event resumes, diagrams, event staffing requirements, set-up requirements, general instructions and supporting documentation for each event using industry specific software. Communicate changes before and during events.
• Develop and control event budgets including preparing Pre-Event Event Financial Estimates to clients based on potential operational costs during the course of the event; coordinate the completion of Post-Event Financial Settlements through Invoicing and Collections.
• Troubleshoot during event preparation and during event to ensure that all event setups are correct including making decisions about policy, procedures, billing and staffing.
• Monitors in-house set-up to ensure that the facility, equipment, physical set-up and labor provided meet the requirements of contractual agreements within the constraints of safety, health, and fire code standards.
• Ensure that all event insurance certificates, licenses and permits required for events or production are obtained in a timely manner.
• Oversee all production, set up, staffing and event-related contracted services for assigned events.
• Ensure that the facility is cleaned prior to, during and after all events to maintain building appearance and increase customer satisfaction.
• Communicate and coordinate with Spectra Food Services for catering needs and event planning.
• Serve as a facility representative at assigned events by enforcing facility policies and procedures; identify and resolve public and event-related complaints in a professional manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
• Attend various weekly scheduled building meetings.
• Communicate any problems and proposed solutions to the Director of Events, Assistant General Manager and General Manager.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with lessees/clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, patrons/public and municipal officials.
• Manages and oversees assigned events, as well as those events assigned to other Event Managers/Coordinators.
• Act as facility manager on duty as required.
• Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to Spectra’s principles.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college/university with major coursework in event management, facility management, sports management, hospitality management, business administration or related field required.
• One to three (1-3) years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in a public assembly facility, convention center, arena, hotel, or similar facility. Internship experience will be considered in lieu of full-time experience.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended number of consecutive days.
• Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A/V equipment and relevant federal, state, and local regulations.
• Demonstrates familiarity with facility use contracts.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; experience with Ungerboeck preferred but not required.
• Must have supervisory experience and the ability to select, train, motivate and manage staff.
• Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.